St. Augustine Orchestra is a volunteer organization open to accomplished musicians. It costs nothing to participate. Your time, and your skills, are highly valued and much effort goes into the creation of a performance season that is fulfilling and balanced repertoire. Participation in SAO will raise your skills if not also raise your musical quality of life.
SAO rehearsals are held Tuesday evenings from August to May from 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location: Murray Middle School, 150 N. Holmes Blvd., St. Augustine, Fl. 32084
We regularly welcome new players. Interested musicians are invited to prepare an informal, brief (1-2) minute video audition and submit the recording to our artistic director, Scott Gregg. ([email protected])
By the way, we understand that auditions are often a source of some anxiety to prepare. Please understand that they are the only way the conductor can understand the individual skills of our many talented players. We’ve made this process quite easy:
Please be certain to state the following information at the beginning of your video, followed by your musical audition:
- Your first and last name.
- A brief statement regarding your musical background.
- Play some major scales with arpeggios, a lyrical passage you may know and/or a technical passage that shows what you’ve got.
- If that voice in your head questions whether you are “good enough”, let us worry about that. Don’t let your inner voice of doubt stop you from giving us having a chance to hear
- you. “Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.”
- Choose selections that show your BEST side in the audition because for all of us, our BEST side shows up ready to perform on concert night.
- Submit the recording to our artistic director, Scott Gregg. ([email protected])
We also invite you to peruse this site for more information. Don’t be shy. And don’t be invisible. Get to know us for when the timing is right.
If you have questions please address them to Allyson Breger at [email protected]
C’mon. Just do it! Violins, Violas, Cellos and Basses… show us what you’ve got. Oboes and Bassoons, and especially orchestral brass such as trombones, trumpets and horns.
SAO Board of Directors and Scott Gregg; Music Director